By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Racism today

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

29 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I don’t get the point of that article. It’s reporting on something that someone did over 40 years ago which they say they are ashamed of and it was a sign of them not being well. What do we do with the info?

The writer is free to write what she wants but I think a more interesting piece would be how people FBPE is a substitute for anti-racism.

40 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

It's reporting on his recent attempt to explain his racism.

The article’s unkind.

14 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

"My racist beliefs only came to the fore when I was off my t*ts" isn't much of a defence.

It was 1976 and he’s grown.

What do we want him to do?

3 minutes ago, Bostonian said:

Bit of a nothing to see here story,who hasn't been stopped by the cops for no reason,might say it's m.p elite privilege that makes it news and not just an ordinary person.

It’s a story because she is black and the police exercise that power disproportionately on black people. 

4 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

It’s a story because she is black and the police exercise that power disproportionately on black people. 

See i don't see it like that,It's a story cos she's an m.p.Nowt happened,hardly ruined the day,Not saying it's rightjust don't think it would be in the news if it was "some painter got stopped an let go in London".

Just now, Bostonian said:

See i don't see it like that,It's a story cos she's an m.p.Nowt happened,hardly ruined the day,Not saying it's rightjust don't think it would be in the news if it was "some painter got stopped an let go in London".

It's highlighting a real problem that is causing disruption and anguish to a large number of people, disproportionately high numbers of black people and so it's good when a prominent person can shine a light on it, with a personal experience of it, no?

The fact it also gets a comment and hopefully some action, from a police commander (because of the profile of the victim here) only helps in getting the message out there further, no?

31 minutes ago, Bostonian said:

Bit of a nothing to see here story,who hasn't been stopped by the cops for no reason,might say it's m.p elite privilege that makes it news and not just an ordinary person.

I've lived in London for 30 years and I've never been stopped by the police 

8 minutes ago, Hassony said:

I've lived in London for 30 years and I've never been stopped by the police 

You're lucky then,i've been stopped on 3 continents now!

24 minutes ago, drdooom said:

These police people who can smell drugs from moving cars are they trained and certified like sniffer dogs?

Y'all can smell weed from a mile away,is it not legal yet in U.K?

34 minutes ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Black people are stopped without reason more often than white people. That’s racism. She’s helping to highlight it.

Well yeah of course but in this case no. they entered the wrong reg number admitted it and apologized.It still looks like a pay attention to me story from the m.p.There are bigger race issues than her.

6 minutes ago, Bostonian said:

Well yeah of course but in this case no. they entered the wrong reg number admitted it and apologized.It still looks like a pay attention to me story from the m.p.There are bigger race issues than her.

If only you could educate her on racism 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bostonian said:

I’ve been stopped lots for nothing which hasn’t happened to whit colleagues and friends.

There is a point in that the story is more likely to be reported on if it happens to an MP than the painter.This is probably why the MP has to highlight it because there aren’t really that many people representing black working class people and they face the brunt of an awful lot.

It swings back round to why these sorts of stops take place in some areas and are seen as acceptable for a section of the population and why it would been seen as an outrage if they were regularly carried out in other areas.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bostonian said:

This has annoyed me. It’s gaslighting to pretend that what is happening isn’t due to racism. You should spend some time looking and listening instead of coming barging in with your big white man opinions.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

This has annoyed me. It’s gaslighting to pretend that what is happening isn’t due to racism. You should spend some time looking and listening instead of coming barging in with your big white man opinions.

Politician out to boost her career first,no proof that it was due to race and not just a mistake.But look at the bigger ,,https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-53716210?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/uk&link_location=live-reporting-story. Has she spoken out about this yet? And f*** off with the whiteman opinion s***e,It's a f***ing forum.