By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The boxing

Molby

15 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Paddy Power refusing to pay out on KO victory as the ref waved it off rather completing the ten count. 

Swipe works for Paddy Power doesn't he?

I'm sure he can pull some strings.

That was about as emphatic a KO as you can get.

2 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Utter joke that was. Keeps happening at PP too. Someone just makes the call, sticking to the rules and then by the time others become aware and it’s changed, the damage is done. 

It was the actual definition of a KO. Lights out before he hit the floor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

It was the actual definition of a KO. Lights out before he hit the floor.

Utter nonsense. Someone stuck behind “the ref has to count for it to be a KO” instead of showing some common sense. 

7 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Utter nonsense. Someone stuck behind “the ref has to count for it to be a KO” instead of showing some common sense. 

I'm choosing to believe that you fired off some appropriately cross missives and got this mess fixed 

• Like 1

Just now, muleskinner said:

I'm choosing to believe that you fired off some appropriately cross missives and got this mess fixed 

Haha. It was my team again, actually. Happened the other week as well. It’s emailed upwards and as soon as it gets to top brass they immediately order it reversed but we already look like weasels again. 

As you say, you can’t watch that happen, have any kind of sporting acumen and thing, nah we don’t need to pay out on a KO here. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Been looking forward to this one.

There's a fair bit of the bravado you'd expect but he does open up quite a lot about his personal life, particularly towards the end of the interview, and it's great to hear him seem happy with life and having put a lot of his demons behind him.

There's so many fascinating stories/characters on that podcast series as a whole, it's great.

45 minutes ago, Tommok said:

There's a fair bit of the bravado you'd expect but he does open up quite a lot about his personal life, particularly towards the end of the interview, and it's great to hear him seem happy with life and having put a lot of his demons behind him.

There's so many fascinating stories/characters on that podcast series as a whole, it's great.

Carl Thompson episode is good too. Dixon gets the guests to really open up, he's an excellent interviewer. Writes really well too.

On 27/08/2020 at 13:37, Tommok said:

Boxing Life Stories 100th episode is with Nigel Benn - worth a listen.

*Tris Dixon's podcast for those that don't know

Nice one, will get on that,  big hero of mine growing up was the Dark Destroyer 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Molby said:

Just watching the ring announcements in the first fight tonight

i know they fulfil a purpose these journeymen but when they hear “3 wins and 25 defeats” how don’t they break down in tears there and then?” 

Get paid, they do a great job

3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Get paid, they do a great job

I know

big respect and all that but it’s a tough one to explain to non-experts 
what if they win one? Maybe they feel bad for f***ing someone’s career up early doors 

Sam Maxwell from Liverpool next up

Just now, Molby said:

I know

big respect and all that but it’s a tough one to explain to non-experts 
what if they win one? Maybe they feel bad for f***ing someone’s career up early doors 

Sam Maxwell from Liverpool next up

Look at Peter Buckleys record 😄