By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coutinho

Cobs

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know those moments when we're moving forward slowly and the ball ends up with Downing and nothing happens?

That'll be his job. Be there, instead of Downing, and do something useful. Shoot/create/dribble, that sott of thing.

Exactly what I was thinking yesterday, can't wait.

I maintain that Downing should be sent to train with the U15s for the rest of his contract.

Exactly what I was thinking yesterday, can't wait.

I maintain that Downing should be sent to train with the U15s for the rest of his contract.

I thought our u15 were highly regarded?

Why would you wish that on them?

I reckon we let him go to spurs or Everton for free.

I hope he's a revelation here but I have to say I've got major doubts. I'm always up for us signing this kind of player but to me he's just too small and light. You have to be Zola or Maradonna good to make that size count. I just don't see it with this guy. He might be a Lucas and start delivering in about 3 years time.

I'm hoping to be 100% wrong.

I hope he's a revelation here but I have to say I've got major doubts. I'm always up for us signing this kind of player but to me he's just too small and light. You have to be Zola or Maradonna good to make that size count. I just don't see it with this guy. He might be a Lucas and start delivering in about 3 years time.

Zola is so over rated

You've seen him play a lot of games ? Who did he do well against? When did he get bullied to make his stature an issue?

I think how successful this lad could or couldn't be is one of the hardest predictions to make of any transfer in years. He's an unusual mix of ridiculous, one in a million talent alongside relatively little achievement.

I'm very excited by him but I think it's hard to guarantee success or say with any great confidence exactly how it's going to go. It's a gamble that's for sure, but one that I think is worth taking overall.

He is £30m ability with relative failure in his career so far. Our gamble is that his failure to make much of his talent has been down to his management by Inter and lack of opportunity. Only time will tell.

Edited by Leo No.8

I fear for this lad a wee bit. Obviously ridiculously talented, but you need only watch Suso's inability to get involved in games to understand how difficult it is in this league to become a force.

Suso's had barely any first team experience compared to Coutinho, though.

This lad's been playing in first teams since he was 16.

Gibo is right - all this hand-ringing and soul-searching, sleepless nights and restless days for a player who hasn't kicked a ball in a red shirt yet. He may take a year to settle in properly so why waste all this energy on him. If he works out better and quicker than that then f*** yeah!