By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Post-Olympic anti-football sentiment

I wonder will Sky see any reduction in the amount of subscriptions for thir sports channels off the back of this tidal wave of anti-football sentiment? It's not as if all these newly talkative lovers of the purity of track & field, trampolining, amateur boxing, dressage and rowing etc need Sky Sports to be able to follow the sports they so obviously love and respect.

Shares in Eurosport are set to rocket.

The Premier League must be breathing a sigh of relief that they managed to sign a new TV deal before the Olympics came and so many people realised they hate football after all.

I'm avoiding all other games; I just can't be arsed with the bitterness any more. Several things have drained me but H&G, Rafa, Hodgson, Torres, Kenny, Suarezgate, Chelsea winning the CL & Manc corruption are but a few.

A couple of minor reasons are non-football. The Olympics were amazing but I don't think that women's archery or dancing ponies are better than football - but it made me realise that half the reason I watch footy is to get wound up by it or to see broken legs in Manc games. Also, I went to a NFL game in Tampa last September and the atmosphere wasn't at all poisonous or tribal; just sports fans coming together. I'm also working very loosely with the BRSIT guys so I'm kind of going through H&G part 2.

I used to ingest as much football as possible - all live games, the odd foreign game, late night CL repeats, MotD etc. For this season I'm going to try to just watch our games and hope to find some joy in the game.

You should go to an Eagles game in Philadelphia. Makes the Den look like a creche.

I initiated a new policy about the beginning of the year to listen to permier league games that we weren't playing in. It's worked well for me, I just enjoy the coverage, even with Alan Green in full prig mode, and switch over before 606 starts.

on the radio today, they had a go at footballers spitting , and how they never saw anyone spit during the olympics

funnily enough they mentioned specifically the 10K m race with Mo Farah and how they didn't see anyone spit there!

soon admitting to having watched football at the weekend will be career suicide at monday morning manafement meetings

I think it was Nick Hornby in Fever Pitch mentioned that in his middle class circles when he used to say he was a big Arsenal fan he'd get horrified looks (presume this was in the 70's). There's probably a decent paper on the fall of football's soul and middle class respectability.

I'm avoiding all other games; I just can't be arsed with the bitterness any more. Several things have drained me but H&G, Rafa, Hodgson, Torres, Kenny, Suarezgate, Chelsea winning the CL & Manc corruption are but a few.

A couple of minor reasons are non-football. The Olympics were amazing but I don't think that women's archery or dancing ponies are better than football - but it made me realise that half the reason I watch footy is to get wound up by it or to see broken legs in Manc games. Also, I went to a NFL game in Tampa last September and the atmosphere wasn't at all poisonous or tribal; just sports fans coming together. I'm also working very loosely with the BRSIT guys so I'm kind of going through H&G part 2.

I used to ingest as much football as possible - all live games, the odd foreign game, late night CL repeats, MotD etc. For this season I'm going to try to just watch our games and hope to find some joy in the game.

I think its been at least 10 years since I watched a non LFC game, including highlights.

There are a number of reasons for this, not least time, but chief among them is boredom. I've tried a couple of times but my interest just wanders. I mean who cares?

You might want Sunderland to beat Chelsea but then they dont & that brings you down.

I've got my own team to feck around with my emotions, I don't need others doing that, especially when I don't even care about them.

Modern game bullsh*t, diving about etc doesn't help. Bullsh*t modern fans & their bullsh*t doesn't help either. Sky & theit bullsh*t doesn't help either, either.

I've been known to go to our game & not even know the result of a single other game the whole weekend.

It can be quite soothing.

I think it was Nick Hornby in Fever Pitch mentioned that in his middle class circles when he used to say he was a big Arsenal fan he'd get horrified looks (presume this was in the 70's). There's probably a decent paper on the fall of football's soul and middle class respectability.

The 80's was not a time to tell people you were a match goer. If occasionally I did, I frequently got the response "Oh so you're a hooligan then"

I used to get quite indignant, then gave up. Thing was though, I was*

*Only joking.

apart from anything else lawro looks an absolute show.

looked like someone had sprayed silver lycra on him on last night's MOTD. too much sausage in too little skin.

reckon he's going through an actual breakdown like? he even seemed to be slurring a bit.

I think its been at least 10 years since I watched a non LFC game, including highlights.

There are a number of reasons for this, not least time, but chief among them is boredom. I've tried a couple of times but my interest just wanders. I mean who cares?

You might want Sunderland to beat Chelsea but then they dont & that brings you down.

I've got my own team to feck around with my emotions, I don't need others doing that, especially when I don't even care about them.

Modern game bullsh*t, diving about etc doesn't help. Bullsh*t modern fans & their bullsh*t doesn't help either. Sky & theit bullsh*t doesn't help either, either.

Pretty much the same. Will watch the top teams play each other if I'm at home and knock out Champs League. Switched the Sky Sports sub off over summer and it was more for the NFL that i renewed it.

All that gurning and pouting too. f***ing horrific.

Lawro looks like one of those people in the pre op stages of a sex change, just as the hormones are starting to kick in.

Duty bound to mention that his book ends with him watching the league title decider on TV on his own the f***ing c***.

haha!

but he bought a house near to their ground so he could watch it there near to the ighbree an evryfin

probably the Howard Webb insanity of that united spurs game did for me

the more you see of this league the less you understand it