By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The cycling

surf

1 minute ago, Cunny said:

wonder if he will now go to TdF?

I doubt it... Simply think they don't have the team for it.. Figure they were giving the giro a real go, planning to shed some funds by moving alaphilippe on, and investing in a GC setup.. But who knows! 

1 minute ago, Cunny said:

wonder if he will now go to TdF?

His target was meant to be Giro this year, TdF next.

Would make sense for him to go and stage hunt (rather than aim for GC) this year now just so he can get a feel for TdF as I'm pretty sure he hasn't ridden it yet

might be mad, but just re booked London to Brighton and to ride for the London Air Ambulance (they were 1st on the scene at my accident) and it will be just on 6 months from my accident (10th september) off to do the same route when i hit the fence on Wednesday as i need to get it out of the way, managed 12 miles today on the bike, Wednesday will be 20+.........as long as i dont have a freak accident, expect a go fund me page for the Air Ambulance in August.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, oakie bob said:

might be mad, but just re booked London to Brighton and to ride for the London Air Ambulance (they were 1st on the scene at my accident) and it will be just on 6 months from my accident (10th september) off to do the same route when i hit the fence on Wednesday as i need to get it out of the way, managed 12 miles today on the bike, Wednesday will be 20+.........as long as i dont have a freak accident, expect a go fund me page for the Air Ambulance in August.  

I mean this in the nicest way possible, you're a headcase lad 🙂

• Haha 1

Just now, Rex Ham said:

Looks like Geraint Thomas sliding and taking everyone else with him...?

Think the UAE rider slid first and took him out.

Oscar Rodriguez had a nasty one down the road too - looks like he had a tyre blow out and hit a road sign then the side of a house

26 seconds to take into the TT

Which is ONLY 19km long, with 1000m elevation gain - most of that in the last half (GULP): 12.3% average with a max of 22 in the last 7.5k

Edited by Tosh

Really think G should have it... His time trial legs have been good... He's barely lost the wheel on the climbs.... Cmon G! Nail this, rest up, go for the vuelta and retire a grand slam tour winner 🏆 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Gethin said:

This stage is nuts. There’s so much scope for something out of the rider’s control to decide the result and ultimately the race. I hope that doesn’t happen for the GC guys 

It is nuts - cross between a TT and a hill-climb, add in the possibility of the sort of changeable weather they had yesterday it is a lottery. Might plonk myself infront of it all afternoon though

1 hour ago, Tosh said:

It is nuts - cross between a TT and a hill-climb, add in the possibility of the sort of changeable weather they had yesterday it is a lottery. Might plonk myself infront of it all afternoon though

Same.