By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

FSG Watch...

Chewie

17 minutes ago, honourablegeorge said:

When a war started and he was sanctioned, but he was there for a long time before that with little or no criticism

His ownership was criticised by loads from the moment he took over. His visa was withdrawn and he couldn't come to the UK, it's why they are still at Stamford Bridge and not the new ground they had promised.

39 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

His ownership was criticised by loads from the moment he took over. His visa was withdrawn and he couldn't come to the UK, it's why they are still at Stamford Bridge and not the new ground they had promised.

what’s the connection?

he wasn’t planning on going on the tools was he? 

9 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Why would he chuck a couple of billion at a development in a country he's banned from?

I bought two camels on the advice of a former employee

my camel investment was in Sudan, a place I have never been to and if I’m being realistic, will never visit

so it’s do-able 

14 minutes ago, Molby said:

I bought two camels on the advice of a former employee

my camel investment was in Sudan, a place I have never been to and if I’m being realistic, will never visit

so it’s do-able 

Your camels notwithstanding, Roman being banned from the country is why Chelsea have remained at SB.

22 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Your camels notwithstanding, Roman being banned from the country is why Chelsea have remained at SB.

well that’s his outlook

he should have used Facetime

I would have but the signal was dodgy in Sudan 

The criticism I had for Roman was always based on ‘his wealth was stolen from the Russian people’  I have since come to realise that there are no good guy billionaires. There is PR that makes some look better, but its just PR.

Now we have John Henry whose wealth, like that of all billionaires, is stolen via a legal system of redistribution upwards. It demands poor working conditions and poverty wages for employees, to drive the profits, that the stock market feeds off.
He and FSG will stand to reap billions that was built historically by the work of the fans, players and managers down the decades.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, muleskinner said:

His ownership was criticised by loads throughout. They are as bad as city and psg.

Think Mathew Syed was one of thr few journalists that were onto him from the start, majority thought he was a breath of a fresh air 

6 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

The criticism I had for Roman was always based on ‘his wealth was stolen from the Russian people’  I have since come to realise that there are no good guy billionaires. There is PR that makes some look better, but its just PR.

Now we have John Henry whose wealth, like that of all billionaires, is stolen via a legal system of redistribution upwards. It demands poor working conditions and poverty wages for employees, to drive the profits, that the stock market feeds off.
He and FSG will stand to reap billions that was built historically by the work of the fans, players and managers down the decades.

Correct

I hate them

• Upvote 2

Pearce AMA is a good read. Link

Pearce: “(Tin hat on)..... I'm not aware there's been any recent change. When rumours about being bought by Qatar emerged earlier this month I checked them out with various people. Senior figures at FSG were adamant it wasn't true and insisted they weren't on the brink of doing a deal with anyone. They also made it clear that as things stood selling a minority stake looked more likely than a full sale.
Obviously, it's an ongoing process and things could change but my info is that so far FSG haven't had an offer that's attractive enough.”

7 minutes ago, crouchinho said:

Pearce AMA is a good read. Link

Pearce: “(Tin hat on)..... I'm not aware there's been any recent change. When rumours about being bought by Qatar emerged earlier this month I checked them out with various people. Senior figures at FSG were adamant it wasn't true and insisted they weren't on the brink of doing a deal with anyone. They also made it clear that as things stood selling a minority stake looked more likely than a full sale.
Obviously, it's an ongoing process and things could change but my info is that so far FSG haven't had an offer that's attractive enough.”

What else is he going to say? It's full steam ahead for a 5 billion deal?

Im not begrudging, if FSG or any group take a risk and it ends up paying off, good for them. Remember it’s good for us as well, they helped turn the club around and now with the 3rd highest revenue in the world.. they helped put us back as a true giant. 

Edited by Farmer's Tan

There were loads of reasons that Chelsea couldn't relocate, not sure that Abramovich's situation was a major barrier to that (until recently obviously). 

Issues complicating selling or redeveloping the Stamford Bridge site were certainly a problem. 

Loads of Chelsea fans (maybe most) still think he was a great guy but yeah they have lots of dreadful supporters. 

10 minutes ago, growler said:

You’d think they could afford to throw us a bone. They’ve gone from 300m to 3bil valuation. Giving us a 150m to spend on nice things is just over 5% of their gain. 

10 years they’ve had us. Surely some affection…

This is why I’m starting to hate them. They’re massively up with their investment so give us a bit back and f*** off nicely without insisting on unrealistic demands.

1 hour ago, growler said:

You’d think they could afford to throw us a bone. They’ve gone from 300m to 3bil valuation. Giving us a 150m to spend on nice things is just over 5% of their gain. 

I suspect the ‘didn’t get rich by writing a lot of cheques’ line from The Simpsons probably applies here. 

2 hours ago, growler said:

you don’t name your mule

we’re cattle, nothing more 

On 25/01/2023 at 08:28, crouchinho said:

Unless FSG sell the club for what they’ve invested then they stand to walk away with a 2500 mil profit if they sell at 3000 mil. 

That money could have been invested in the squad. The fact that United have spent 500 mil more net since Jurgen came in speaks volumes. 

I’m thinking we’d be better off with the Glazers over FSG. At least they put money into the squad. FSG is spending 27m net per season. That’s a joke. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1