By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

'The economy is safe with the Tories'

Mike

8 hours ago, D.Boon said:

It's absolutely crazy. You can't even speak to a doctor at our surgery never mind actually sit in the same room as one.

I couldn’t get a doctors appointment when I had an ear infection a couple of months ago. Had to go online and book a 15 minute video call with a doctor. They have walk in centres in chemists. A little room with a laptop set up and basic medical equipment on the table. 44 quid for 15 minutes. 😟

Because I had to wait for so long I had to go private and book this as I was in agony. 

Ended up in A&E getting my ear drained. 

35 minutes ago, Hassony said:

They love all that don’t they. Like when white people suffer the racism.

And by the way, with fruit and veg (and now animals) dying in the fields because there is none to pick & process them and no lorry drivers to deliver them, it’s almost as if those those foreigners “coming over here” did actually work and contribute to the economy after all.

But no, they were still the problem. The solution is to pay good British people a good wage.

But we still do want the “highly skilled ones” of course.

3 hours ago, Hassony said:

Almost as stupid as his comment in the same interview that the £20 UC cut wouldn't force people to decide between heat or eat this winter. 

It's estimated at least 800k will be pushed into the official classification of in poverty as a result of the cut - I'm guessing poverty is a word he doesn't understand either. 

15 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

The whole lot of them are a damning indictment of private education.

"The cream always rises to the top" tho

5 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I'm swerving Twitter today. What is his big gotcha or whatever you'd call it?

Doesn’t need one does he?

He could pledge to spend the Universal Credit cut savings to erect a gold statue of Jimmy Saville f***ing a corpse outside every hospital in the country and they’d still win every election for the next couple of decades 

45 minutes ago, Romario said:

Johnson's speech is utterly ridiculous. 

He makes me want to commit violence now. He's f***ing infuriating and it's just nauseating that he is the leader of the country. 

Also did they just nick the Build Back Better slogan wholesale from Biden? 

15 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

He makes me want to commit violence now. He's f***ing infuriating and it's just nauseating that he is the leader of the country. 

Also did they just nick the Build Back Better slogan wholesale from Biden? 

Nicking things from Biden (and also the last 2 Labour manifestos) while Starmer runs as far away from these progressive agendas as possible will be the thing that wins Johnson the next election. Increases in wages especially.

I was wondering whether Johnson might announce a rise in the minimum wage, seems such an easy win now Labour have shat out of campaigning for £15 an hour.

Edited by Jarg Armani

8 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Nicking things from Biden (and also the last 2 Labour manifestos) while Starmer runs as far away from these progressive agendas as possible will be the thing that wins Johnson the next election. Increases in wages especially.

I was wondering whether Johnson might announce a rise in the minimum wage, seems such an easy win now Labour have shat out of campaigning for £15 an hour.

This is now clearly the worst government I've seen in my lifetime, they're vile and pathetic at the same time, and they're utterly unaccountable. And somehow we've also got probably the worst opposition of our lifetimes across the aisle from them. It is infuriating. 

He seems to have just admitted the country is in a shocking state after 11 years of Tory government but that they're the people to sort it out. And they'll probably get a bump in the polls tomorrow on the back of it. 

Just saw a clip of Gary Neville speaking on Good Morning Britain and doing an infinitely better job of opposition than Starmer ever could. 

Covid has in many ways been a gift from the Gods for them. 

They are able to basically blame pretty much everything that's going wrong in this country on Covid. 

Clearly Covid has put a strain on most areas of society but to a significant degree it has just exposed weaknesses that were already there due to mismanagement, underfunding and prioritising the wrong things - much of the blame for all of that lies squarely with the Tory govt. 

Yes, they are able to point to Covid. Yes they are able to blame the last 10 years of governance without ever seeming to acknowledge that that was them.

This is their conference though isn't it? You'd expect the Tories to manage to generate some decent headlines this week. The bigger issue - as always - is what the opposition managed to do when they had centre stage. What was it? What was the big takeaway? I don't think anything broke through at all. If you asked people what Labour were offering I'm honestly not sure they would remember anything, possibly other than the fact that they all hate each other.