By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Referees and LFC

Zoob

There is no general conspiracy amongst officials against the club - my guess is maybe thats just a case of Dalglish instilling a bit of siege mentality within the club

The general standard of refereeing in the premier league is poor, perhaps not as poor as some would make out but by and large inexcusable if the officials continue to demand players show them repect

Referees should account for their decisions post match - personally I would like to see Clattenberg explain away some of his decisions made yesterday and maybe the thought of having to do that would make him and others up their game and not be so sloppy

One other thing, the poor decisions are random and dont necessarily equal themselves out over the season but we are not the only fans who believe we are being mugged whilst others get special treatment

In summary

No vendetta against the club but standards have not kept up with the development of the game and referees are not sufficiently called to task over it. I dont think the answer is for Kenny to get all arsey over it as the media will simply twist it around as they have done before and the central point will be lost. The answer maybe in the form of new technology but the most important immediate step would be to get referees on the tv after the match to explain their decision making process on the contentious issues.

If they know they will need to explain themselves it may help to sharpen up their own game and might bring more respect from the players on the field

but lets please cut out the victimisation bit, its already a rod which others beat us with

Edited by ChaoticPrimate

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Ryan in the Mail on Sunday reckons Dalglish has "rocked football" with his claims that refs are victimising Liverpool and reckons the pressure to get into the top 4 is already getting to Dalglish, so God knows what he will be like come the spring. :rolleyes:

Dread to think what they would have said if it had been Rafa saying it.... Oh wait.... Rafa's Rant....

We've made it easy for officials to make decisions against us for most of the last decade. The Mancs all get in the refs face while we 'tut' about it and our players generally accept decisions without making much of a fuss.

Marked change yesterday with our players getting in the face of the ref and linos. I don't think for a second Kenny thinks there is a conspiracy but he knows Ferguson and the Mancs pressure officials in all sorts of ways that benefits them and he knows we need to now do the same.

there's probably no conspiracy against us specifically, but it's been blatantly obvious for 3 years at least that there's a systematic favouring of Man United by premier league referees. It's entirely probable that this extends to denying us points in various games as well as the more obvious games involving Scum-U themselves

Most refs are just inept cowards who are terrified of Ferguson having a go at them.

Hopefully Kenny can have the same impact soon enough.

There are clearly some refs who hate us though.

Agree. Ferguson has used his tactic of terrifying officials for years. He also knows the press will likely back him or at least not challenge him too vociferously.

He also has a team clearly told to pressure and moan at the ref for every possible advantage.

I can't believe the Mancs wouldn't have got at least one of our penalty shouts in their favour yesterday.

I know I shouldn't listen to 606 but some lad who'd been to the game yesterday said he was embarrassed to be a Liverpool fan yesterday because of the way our players were intimidating clattenburg AND because of Kenny's comments. I'm pretty sure he was being serious.

He didn't fall because of physics. He fell cos he threw himself to the ground.

Not saying it wasn't a penalty but Carra didn't pull him to the ground. He was waiting for enough contact before falling.

Carra was naive.

Think Walters fouled him first though.

I said this in the match thread yesterday and I'll repeat it in this thread.

Referees will always be s***. They will always make howlers. Not because of any corruption, just because they're inept as feck.

The simple fact is we had enough possession and chances to beat Stoke by 3 clear goals yesterday and we didn't take any of them. Even Luis was guilty of this. I think this will become more evident as the season wears on and the reason we'll struggle to keep up with both Manc c**** and to a certain extent Chelsea, meaning 4th is our best bet.

We should have beaten Sunderland and we had more than enough possession against Arsenal for 70 minutes before the sending off to score, before Raul and Luis came on.

Kenny should focus his time and energy on getting our players to be more deadly in front of goal instead of a futile vendetta against referees.

I'm not denying we were hard done by yesterday and against Sunderland, but we should have won both matches by a canter with the amount of possession we had.

Not saying it wasn't a penalty but Carra didn't pull him to the ground. He was waiting for enough contact before falling.

Carra was naive.

Exactly. Its a contact sport and there was contact but you cant pull a 6ft plus forward so both feet leave the floor at the same time and he lands on his face. My first thought at the game was he going to book walters for diving as he should have done with their keeper when Lucas bumped into him.

Referees will always be s***. They will always make howlers. Not because of any corruption, just because they're inept as feck.

So we arent allowed to talk about it on an internet forum? Funny how these howlers never seem to happen against a team from Manchester but never mind, it just happens, one of them things. I also find it weird that in a country where theres rapists and murderers there cant possibly be a human being who takes a bit of cash to alter the outcome of a football match in a billion pound industry.

The simple fact is we had enough possession and chances to beat Stoke by 3 clear goals yesterday and we didn't take any of them.

Doesnt really matter whether we were dire and didnt have a shot or battered them and should have had 20, Clattenburg was still a c*** who screwed us. But yes, we have our own faults aswell.

Kenny should focus his time and energy on getting our players to be more deadly in front of goal instead of a futile vendetta against referees.

Haha! I dont think a 2 minute media interview after the game is stopping Kenny or distracting him from coaching the team.

Sir Alex Ferguson is waiting for UEFA's response to ref Howard Webb's condemnation of the Bucharest pitch where Manchester United play Otelul Galati next month.

England's top ref ­handled the Romania-France Euro qualifier on Tuesday.

United's France left-back Patrice Evra said the surface had cut up badly. Ferguson said: "Howard Webb has put in a report"

Couldn't help laugh at this snippet in the Mirror this morning. Great to have friends in high places.

The simple fact is we had enough possession and chances to beat Stoke by 3 clear goals yesterday and we didn't take any of them. Even Luis was guilty of this. I think this will become more evident as the season wears on and the reason we'll struggle to keep up with both Manc c**** and to a certain extent Chelsea, meaning 4th is our best bet.

We should have beaten Sunderland and we had more than enough possession against Arsenal for 70 minutes before the sending off to score, before Raul and Luis came on.

I'm not denying we were hard done by yesterday and against Sunderland, but we should have won both matches by a canter with the amount of possession we had.

Kenny knows what he's doing. He's protecting his team and putting pressure on the officials. It's worked for a certain manager down the road for 20 years. I'm sure he's well aware of where we need to improve but there's nothing wrong with a helping hand when you need it.

Edited by Epic Swindle

Carra was naive.

I agree that Walters commited the first foul.

I was responding to the point that he should have fallen backwards. There was real-world physics involved - it wasn't a simple dive. Walters was leaning forward. Yes he took advantage of the contact, but comments like he should have fallen backwards doesn't really help our cause does it?

And watch the slo-mo - Walters' feet appear to get clipped as Carra tried to get the right side of Walters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faDrHkW_OTA

Wasn't having a go. Just don't think what way he fell is in any way relevant really. Even in real time I knew he was just waiting for Carra to make enough contact before falling.

Was poor from Carra in any event. Let the player get ahead of him then panicked.

So we arent allowed to talk about it on an internet forum? Funny how these howlers never seem to happen against a team from Manchester but never mind, it just happens, one of them things. I also find it weird that in a country where theres rapists and murderers there cant possibly be a human being who takes a bit of cash to alter the outcome of a football match in a billion pound industry.

Didn't say we aren't allowed to talk about it mate, just saying that the majority of referees are useless t***ts, some more useless than others.

Only resolution that I would implement is giving clubs to contest these decisions during the game like you have in tennis or cricket, but this will never happen.

Like you said, this is a multi billion pound industy officiated by complete muppets, most of which haven't played football professionally at any level in their lifes. Utter feckin madness.

Haha! I dont think a 2 minute media interview after the game is stopping Kenny or distracting him from coaching the team.

Was referring to Kenny's quotes after the match yesterday in relation to taking this up with our owners.

It does help the opposition a lot if they're allowed to use their hands against us and stay on the pitch after breaking the rules.

We're making chances and not taking them but we're also making them and being denied scoring by illegal methods.