By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Bomb in Oslo

Swipe

Might be true, but might as well just be some terrorist trying to get credit and enhance their status.

Yeah, deffo. They said at the end of the interview that the American was from the Centre for Radicalization Studies in King's College in London, I think. He got it off a text message just as they were talking to him.

Edited by Coyler

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be my guess, not that there's a lot to go on at the moment. Does Norway have a history of right-wing extremist groups of any kind?

There's a small element of Neo Nazis and right wingers, but nothing with any major infrastrucure like the militia groups of the US, and there's the usual far right parties you'd find anywhere. But it's almost entirely a relaxed progressive liberal country.

There's a small element of Neo Nazis and right wingers, but nothing with any major infrastrucure like the militia groups of the US, and there's the usual far right parties you'd find anywhere. But it's almost entirely a relaxed progressive liberal country.

The Neo Nazis/far right wingers haven't been seen since early '80s. As you say, we are very relaxed and liberal.

The police saying the same man could have placed the bomb and shot the kids. To me, this sounds far fetched if this involves just one person. Guess we'll know more tomorrow.

It was my first assumption that the same man did both, not sure why.

It was my first assumption that the same man did both, not sure why.

Thing is, the van or car with the bomb would have to be parked a few hours in front of the governmental buildings while he drives to the youth camp. There's no parking in front of the buildings and I guess somebody would check the car out within short. So, my guess is there is at least two persons who have done this.

Thing is, the van or car with the bomb would have to be parked a few hours in front of the governmental buildings while he drives to the youth camp. There's no parking in front of the buildings and I guess somebody would check the car out within short. So, my guess is there is at least two persons who have done this.

Is it really a couple of hours to the youth camp ?

Even so, I guess he could have found a way to get the car there, a security blindspot of some sort.

But, what you are saying diminishes the credibility of the lone operator theory somewhat.

But it's only a 45-60 minute drive from Oslo to Utøya, right? And the shootings didn't start until a few hours after the explosion. So it's possible he's behind both.

Edit: Just checked, Google Maps says 37,5 kilometres from Stortinget where the bomb went off to Utøya.

Edited by Eiler99

But it's only a 45-60 minute drive from Oslo to Utøya, right? And the shootings didn't start until a few hours after the explosion. So it's possible he's behind both.

Edit: Just checked, Google Maps says 37,5 kilometres from Stortinget where the bomb went off to Utøya.

And then he have to get over to the island. And the roads aren't exactly highways. An abandoned car parked on a no-park place in front of the governmental buildings would be very suspicious (at least in my mind). I really hope the police would check such a car within short. But, we are very relaxed and probably a tad naive, so I'm not saying it's definitely not possible...

And then he have to get over to the island. And the roads aren't exactly highways. An abandoned car parked on a no-park place in front of the governmental buildings would be very suspicious (at least in my mind). I really hope the police would check such a car within short. But, we are very relaxed and probably a tad naive, so I'm not saying it's definitely not possible...

Person arrested is confirmed Norwegian. So, probably no Islamic terrorists.

Tabloids showing their usual tact in their coverage. The Mirror's front page goes with "Terror Island" while the rag says "Norway's 9/11".

Idiots.

Do either of them use the word Muslim as often as Spion Kop in this thread?