By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

TV shows (but not GoT)

crisps

22 hours ago, Tommok said:

Anyone watched The Ripper on Netflix? Is it worth viewing? 

I feel like I probably know enough about the Yorkshire Ripper having seen a few progs about him - does this add anything new? 

I've watched the first two, am gonna watch the last two fairly soon

It's well made and certainly worth a watch. The casual misogyny of the period is pretty hard to watch at times but can't be ignored 

Spoiler

Mandalorian finale.

I'm really confused, so this isn't baby Yoda? I know they revealed that he was called Grogu, but I assumed the fact they have called him baby Yoda since the beginning of the f*cking show meant that he was Yoda as a baby.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

The Office US is so good. Pretty much all the characters are brilliant. Only finishing up on S2 so loads to get through as well. Can't believe I've not watched it before.

Great show, Michael Scott is a much better character than David Brent, who had no redeeming qualities whatsoever

2 hours ago, cymrococh said:
  View spoiler

Mandalorian finale.

I'm really confused, so this isn't baby Yoda? I know they revealed that he was called Grogu, but I assumed the fact they have called him baby Yoda since the beginning of the f*cking show meant that he was Yoda as a baby.

Don't think anyone other than people watching the show have called him that to be fair. Purely because he was nameless for so long. He wasn't referenced as that in the show. 

27 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Great show, Michael Scott is a much better character than David Brent, who had no redeeming qualities whatsoever

Hmmm I absolutely love both characters. I think Brent is excellent and I have encountered a couple of people in my working life who he depicts perfectly. 

I think both versions are very different and the US version comes into its own when they veer away from trying to follow the UK version too much. 

The characters in the US one are cast perfectly until they bring f***ing Catherine Tate into it. What a f*** up that was. 

9 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Hmmm I absolutely love both characters. I think Brent is excellent and I have encountered a couple of people in my working life who he depicts perfectly. 

I think both versions are very different and the US version comes into its own when they veer away from trying to follow the UK version too much. 

The characters in the US one are cast perfectly until they bring f***ing Catherine Tate into it. What a f*** up that was. 

Agree wth regards to Tate, didn't get that at all 

Maybe it's because I prefer Carell to Gervais, but I think Michael Scott shows some signs throughout the seasons that he was a good salesman, and that he does have a heart, unlike Brent 

8 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Watching the League of Gentlemen Christmas Special. Wouldn’t get made now, but I love it. 

Side note, I think Steve Pemberton is an incredible actor, surprised he’s not done more dramatic roles. 

Yeah Pemberton is great some of his performances in Inside No. 9 were amazing.