By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

TV shows (but not GoT)

crisps

9 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

In what sense? 

They forgot the funny. Expectations were low but they managed to limbo under them. The Donald Trump voice sounds more like Ronald Reagan. It was a bad, bad idea trying to revisit this in an era when it's impossible to satirise anything.

24 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

They forgot the funny. Expectations were low but they managed to limbo under them. The Donald Trump voice sounds more like Ronald Reagan. It was a bad, bad idea trying to revisit this in an era when it's impossible to satirise anything.

Ahh cheers for the info. Yeah wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as edgy as it was first time around due to it likely being dumbed right down for the 'modern day'... Unfortunate as 80's Spitting Image would have had a field day with the s*** going on at the moment. 

16 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Ahh cheers for the info. Yeah wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as edgy as it was first time around due to it likely being dumbed right down for the 'modern day'... Unfortunate as 80's Spitting Image would have had a field day with the s*** going on at the moment. 

These lot are beyond satire though. You can't laugh at them or send them up because they're already too absurd.

13 hours ago, Cunny said:

Spitting Image was terrible.

I didn't laugh once and the impressions were not particularly good.

Yeah, it's odd because Steve Coogan did quite a few didn't he and some of his impressions on The Trip are quite good.

Brydon's are usually better tho.

21 hours ago, cymrococh said:

How hard is it to find someone who can do a proper Boris Johnson impression? Shockingly sh*t.

Matt Lucas can do a good Johnson. 

22 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

When unfunny idiots like Matt Forde are part of the writing team it was always gonna be s*** 

Only person to block me on Twitter, fact fans. 

2 hours ago, Stevie H said:

I've started watching Utopia again. The original UK one. It's absolutely f***ing brilliant and one of the best series I've ever watched.

I love it, I keep going back to the soundtrack which is mental but very evocative.

8 hours ago, Stevie H said:

I've started watching Utopia again. The original UK one. It's absolutely f***ing brilliant and one of the best series I've ever watched.

Yeah I'll deffo watch that again at some point, it was excellent.

I have swerved the remake altho twisted curiosity is tempting me to see how badly they've f***ed it up.

9 hours ago, Stevie H said:

It was brilliant and such a shame channel 4 didnt continue with it

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

Yeah I'll deffo watch that again at some point, it was excellent.

I have swerved the remake altho twisted curiosity is tempting me to see how badly they've f***ed it up.

I watched the first one of the remake and binned it, it's awful. Then rewatched the first one of the original and was reminded just how much shocking f***ed up stuff happened in the first episode alone. All the characters are brilliant, Becky makes me roar laughing, Neil Maskell is terrifying and just the look of the thing, the colour palette, is like nothing I've ever seen. And as cymrococh says, the soundtrack is unique too and just suits the show so well. Absolutely love it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cunny said:

The Haunting of Bly Manor has had some poor reviews. That was going to be my weekend viewing.

Is Ratched as bad as the reviews suggest?

No. I thought it was OK. I watched The whole thing. She wasn’t as hatable as the one from the Jack Nicholson movie; she was different but good

Edited by New York Red

10 hours ago, Stevie H said:

I watched the first one of the remake and binned it, it's awful. Then rewatched the first one of the original and was reminded just how much shocking f***ed up stuff happened in the first episode alone. All the characters are brilliant, Becky makes me roar laughing, Neil Maskell is terrifying and just the look of the thing, the colour palette, is like nothing I've ever seen. And as cymrococh says, the soundtrack is unique too and just suits the show so well. Absolutely love it. 

Yeah it was great - funny, dark and unsettling - not an easy combo to pull off.

10 hours ago, Redwire said:

It was criminal that they binned it.  One of the greatest series of the decade.

Yeah altho I suppose at least they didn't do more of it and mess it up.

I'm generally OK with shows stopping when they're still good.