By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

TV shows (but not GoT)

crisps

8 hours ago, Tommok said:

The last two episodes of the Channel 4 three part documentary series about Putin were good.

What an odious little man he is.

Started a free 7 day trial of Disney + a few days ago and rattled through The Mandalorian - nice old Star Wars vibe about it. Feels a bit like a computer game and a bit insubstantial but then I don't know what I was expecting.

Disappointed there's only 5 episodes available.

Not sure there's a lot else on the channel that I'd watch really.

Love The Mandalorian both its pacing - very much adheres to the original thinking of the first film being a "space western ' - and the presence of the character. Holds every scene without seeing his emotion. 

Also, watched the first three as they were available when I signed up but then watched the next two as available on the release Friday - almost old school. 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Once you’ve done the mandolorian it’s worth watching clone wars season 7. Looks like certain characters are going to overlap and appear in the next season of the mandalorian 

Ah OK, cheers.

Was toying with Clone Wars

Went to start s5 of Better Call Saul last night and thought I should watch the s4 recap first. Glad I did as although I know I watched it, I didn't recognise a jot. 

Thats the problem with late night, gin accompanied viewing. On the plus side, I've now got 2 seasons to watch. 

13 hours ago, Swipe said:

Finished Tiger King. Was good but didn’t blow my mind like it seemed to do for everyone else. What an absolute cavalcade of c****.

The way some people treat animals breaks my heart.

Pretty much my feeling towards it.

was there a redeeming character in the whole thing?

13 minutes ago, Cunny said:

Pretty much my feeling towards it.

was there a redeeming character in the whole thing?

Maybe the guy who had his arm torn off? The guy who lost his legs seemed normal enough.

The rest though. Jesus Christ. 

She was hideous. Wasn’t quite sure if we should think of her as the protagonist in the whole thing but I thought she was horrid and couldn’t understand why she thought what she was doing was much better to Joe. 

14 hours ago, Swipe said:

Finished Tiger King. Was good but didn’t blow my mind like it seemed to do for everyone else. What an absolute cavalcade of c****.

Turned it off after two episodes for that reason. They just weren’t interesting people, they were just freaks.

14 hours ago, Swipe said:

I haven't watched Tiger King for that reason. I'm trying to just watch happy, uplifting stuff at the moment and have a feeling that would just piss me off. Is it a bit like one of Louis Theroux's things? Or do you not feel any slight sympathy for the people in it?

3 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

I haven't watched Tiger King for that reason. I'm trying to just watch happy, uplifting stuff at the moment and have a feeling that would just piss me off. Is it a bit like one of Louis Theroux's things? Or do you not feel any slight sympathy for the people in it?

None at all. It's a sliding scale, but the main characters are all utterly awful. And I felt it was only in the last episode when they actually said, 'you know, it's the poor animals that are the real losers here'.

A show about animal collectors (or whatever you want to call them) and not one of them seems to give a f*** about the poor creatures. 

9 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

I haven't watched Tiger King for that reason. I'm trying to just watch happy, uplifting stuff at the moment and have a feeling that would just piss me off.

Aye, think this is where I'm at with it. Can't be arsed with the c***.