By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Hillsborough

Flight

I've just seen this site linked elsewhere. Its purpose is to allow access to an outstanding document :

The Hillsborough Football DisasterContext & Consequences

You might have heard of this last year - in its previous incarnation it was known as Hillsborough for Dummies.

This document reminded me of some of the very basic questions that repeated attempts to find Justice have failed to answer. And made me ask myself why I don't do more. It deserves a wider audience.

Thanks for posting this Flight. I did contact this site earlier when fundraising began but my email may have gone astray?

In any case this initiative deserves wide support. Go to Hdfinfo.com and download the main HFD document and read it. Then take a look at the press packs which are on their way to the media. They include further supporting documents which you can find on the Hfdinfo site. All well worth a read.

Shortly, thanks to the generosity of fellow reds, there will be a further 3000 printed copies of the main document and the organisers will need help to distribute them. Perhaps you have contacts within the worlds of Politics, Education or the Media? Then get in touch via the feedback@hfdinfo.com address and offer to take some of the booklets and distribute them. Or maybe you're a member of a supporters club and could take a few copies to distribute on the coach to the match? Even if you don't know anyone directly to send the copy too you can always give one to a child in your family to take to their local school, or send a copy to your local MP and ask them whether they support the disgraceful actions of the authorities in denying the families the justice that was their right.

The better educated our own support, the better able they are to advance the cause of the families and survivors. This is one iniative which everyone can get behind and add their own contribution.

Edited by Armin_Tamzarian

Circulation list for the 50 Press Packs which will go in tomorrow morning's post:

Newspapers

The Observer, Mike Langley

The Guardian, Matt Scott

The Times, Tony Evans & Oliver Kay

The Sunday Times - Jonathan Norcroft

The Independent - David Conn

Independent on Sunday – John Mullin

The Scotsman - John Mclennan

Daily Telegraph - Alan Hansen

Sunday Telegraph - Henry Winter

The Mail - Martin Samuel

Mail on Sunday – David Dillon

Mirror - Oliver Holt & Brian Reade

Sunday Mirror – David Walker

The Sun – Mike Dunn, sports editor - Rebecca Wade news editor

News of the World - Chris Bascombe

Press Association

Alan Powell, Editor, Sheffield Star

Jerry Lewis, Editor, Nottingham Post

Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

TV

BBC News - Peter Marshall

BBC Sport - Jon Kelly

ITN News – Tim Canning

C4 News

Sky News

Setanta – Geoff Hill Programme Director

BBC NorthWest, Ruth Clegg

Radio

Talksport, Stan Collymore

5Live, Alan Green and Jon Pienaar

Radio 4 - John Humphries, Today Programme

BBC Radio Merseyside – Billy ButlerJ

Radio City Dean Sullivan

Architecture/Construction

Architects Journal – Richard Wait/news editor

BD Building Design – Amanda Bailleau

Other

Press Officer - Nottingham Forest Football Club

Press Officer - Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

Press Officer - South Yorkshire Police

Press Officer - Football Association

LFCTV

The Football Supporters’ Federation, 7DE

4 copies for Swedish distribution

Football Magazines and Websites

When Saturday Comes

Thanks for everyone's help.

There'll be further press packs sent out so if you know of anyone that should get one...

The 3000 printed copies have now arrived in Liverpool. An initial drop has been made at the HJC so matchgoers should be able to pick one up there.

Hopefully there will be more there in time for the anniversary (tbc). If you do pick one up, take an extra one for your local newspaper, school, MP or local team. Better yet, get onto this thread:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=240615.0

and help to spread these booklets to the places they'll do the most good. It's important that our own fans know the facts but even more important that the message spreads beyond our own. Everyone in the UK reading this has an MP, so every one of you can do something positive to help. The organisers of this have worked their socks off, the people who donated have helped to make it possible and now there's one last chance to push so that when the anniversary comes round and national attention finally turns to that day which we've lived with all these many years, the facts will be on their way to all corners of the nation and beyond. They've already landed on the desks of much of the media, help to send them to the people that have the power to make changes and let them know that's what you want.

Please help if you can.

Edited by Armin_Tamzarian

You should set up a simple donation thing for this mate. It would only take 5 minutes to set up a Paypal account for it.

The recent appeal for funds, enabling us to release "Context & Consequences" as a book with ISBN and therefore legal inclusion in the British Libraries, has so far raised over £2300, with more still coming in.

If you wish to make a donation, no matter how small, you can do so via PayPal using the 'Send Money to a Friend' option.

The address of the fundraising account is: contributehfdinfo@gmail.com.

http://hfdinfo.com/

The money raised has funded 100 press packs and 3050 copies of the booklet. Any leftover once the project is completed will be distributed equally between the three Hillsborough groups.

You can paypal this address contributehfdinfo@gmail.com.

Copies of the booklet should be available from the hjc shop tomorrow and wednesday. They are free, so take a copy yourselves, send one to a university, to an mp, to a journalist. Spread the truth.

You can paypal this address contributehfdinfo@gmail.com.

Copies of the booklet should be available from the hjc shop tomorrow and wednesday. They are free, so take a copy yourselves, send one to a university, to an mp, to a journalist. Spread the truth.

The HJC got one box this morning and hopefully there'll be more soon in time for the memorial. Hopefully fanzine sellers can take a few and distribute too. It's important though that the booklets aren't simply spread amongst our own support because although it's good for everyone to know the facts to an extent that would be preaching to the converted. If you take 1 for yourself at least take another for your local library/school/MP or newspaper.

I was hoping some of the regulars here at YNWA might have an input on this phase of the project as I know there are people here with connections in Politics and Academia. Please do contribute if you can, this is on one of the best chances to make a difference that's likely to occur and it's very time sensitive - once the brief flurry of media interest around the anniversary dissipates it will be twice as difficult to get through. So please, get involved!

To Armin and the other folk involved in this initiative :

I don't know quite how to discuss this as its obviously a very sensitive issue to many people.

One thing that is missing from the hdinfo page is who has been involved in this initiative, particularly amongst the family and the club. I don't know if you are one of the families or close to them, or who has been involved or what initiatives you are working with.

All I am getting at is that I will be at the Memorial on Wednesday as well as more informal gatherings afterwards with limited numbers by club invitation, with Ann Williams, Kevin's mother. I believe this document is a worthy initiative and it would be an opportunity to share a copy of it with some of the high profile people involved in the continued search for Justice, along with some information about the people involved in its production and circulation.

If I can help out in this way then I need you to get me some copies of the booklet by Tuesday as I don't know if I will be able to get to the shop on Wednesday. If you want to take up this offer or discuss anything email me at jacksj1@blueyonder.co.uk and I will send you my contact details.

If you already have this in hand, then my apologies and continued best wishes.

Thanks to Admin for stickying this. I know that a lot of the booklets have now gone out, not sure whether there's still some at HJC but many are already sent. As well as virtually every media organisation one could think of they're now en route to many politicians.

I know however that there are still some booklets in the hands of the organisers. So I wanted to quote this post again and especially stress the 2nd para, in case anyone here may know someone to whom a booklet should be sent.

The HJC got one box this morning and hopefully there'll be more soon in time for the memorial. Hopefully fanzine sellers can take a few and distribute too. It's important though that the booklets aren't simply spread amongst our own support because although it's good for everyone to know the facts to an extent that would be preaching to the converted. If you take 1 for yourself at least take another for your local library/school/MP or newspaper.

I was hoping some of the regulars here at YNWA might have an input on this phase of the project as I know there are people here with connections in Politics and Academia. Please do contribute if you can, this is on one of the best chances to make a difference that's likely to occur and it's very time sensitive - once the brief flurry of media interest around the anniversary dissipates it will be twice as difficult to get through. So please, get involved!

I'm sure the authors would like to know his thoughts Hels, thanks for that. I saw Stan at Anfield during the Chelsea game but didn't speak to him.

No problem I will check he's got it & ask him to get in touch & will let you know!

I met up with him after he had finished work at the Chelsea game

There's a small number of booklets left.

They've already gone to Gordon Brown, Andy Burnham, Patricia Hewitt, David Cameron, Nick Clegg and many more.

As before however, if you know of a good home for one of these booklets then please speak up. They're a powerful educational tool at any time but at the moment in the right hands they may just do a bit more good.