By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

tonight's movie choice. . .

Stevie H

4 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Got something in my eye at the end there.

Yeah he's got that understated way about him, underplaying the situation. Sounds like he went through a s*** show to be fair. It's amazing that he has the self belief to strut his stuff with big names and feel he belongs there. I guess the Granny is a big part of that. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

He's brilliant in Insherin.. 

Also really liked him as The Joker in the deleted scene from The Batman too 

Yeah he was great in Insherin. I don't think I've seen that scene from The Batman. 

20 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Got something in my eye at the end there.

Yeah me too. 

I hope he wins it. 

3 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Banshees.......odd film, some nice moments and great cast. 

Yeah I rather enjoyed it (enjoyed probably the wrong word but you know what I mean). As you say, some great performances. 

For anyone that rocked up to watch it expecting something along the lines of In Bruges would've got a bit of a shock. 

Enys Men

I loved Mark Jenkins previous film, 'Bait', and had been looking forward to this for a while. And it was great - like, it's quite an avant-garde film - no plot, lots of texture - but it really works well. It's been tagged as folk-horror but I don't think that is accurate at all. It is about the weird and eerie, set on an Island off Cornwall - Mark Fisher would have loved it.

1 hour ago, pipnasty said:

Enys Men

I loved Mark Jenkins previous film, 'Bait', and had been looking forward to this for a while. And it was great - like, it's quite an avant-garde film - no plot, lots of texture - but it really works well. It's been tagged as folk-horror but I don't think that is accurate at all. It is about the weird and eerie, set on an Island off Cornwall - Mark Fisher would have loved it.

Bait was excellent. Is Enys Men streaming?

19 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Bait was excellent. Is Enys Men streaming?

Not sure - we went to the pictures to see it

14 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Without scrolling back, has anyone mentioned THE QUIET GIRL?

My film of the year.

Yeah - great film. 

I said that Aftersun and The Innocents were my two favourite films of last year but I'd add The Quiet Girl to make it three

On 24/01/2023 at 13:35, charlie clown said:

A Place In The Sun - basically Juliette Binoche looking beautifully disheveled whilst she screws up her life with various ill-advised liaisons. It's all pretty listless. Cool ending though. 

'Let the Sunshine In'? Or was she really looking for a converted barn on the Costa Brava.