By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

tonight's movie choice. . .

Stevie H

7 hours ago, The Hitman said:

As somebody else pointed out. Overall, this person doesn’t appear to like Spielberg films. 

Marc Bernardin wrote a good Spielberg list a few years back. And War of the Worlds is really good. 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-steven-spielberg-ranked-20160624-snap-htmlstory.html

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

Marc Bernardin wrote a good Spielberg list a few years back. And War of the Worlds is really good. 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-steven-spielberg-ranked-20160624-snap-htmlstory.html

Not exactly a novel opinion here, but I'd say WotW is half a really good film. As soon as the Tim Robbins character turns up it's pretty much all downhill from there.

10 minutes ago, Gerry said:

Not exactly a novel opinion here, but I'd say WotW is half a really good film. As soon as the Tim Robbins character turns up it's pretty much all downhill from there.

It's an example of Spielberg doing really good films in his sleep. WotW is miles better than most Sci fi films. Spielberg knocks out things like Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Bridge of Spies and makes really good, watchable movies, which in the hands of lesser directors might just be a bit crap. 

I still love that he made Jurassic Park and Schindler's List in the same year. Bit of a gear shift there Steven. 

On 14/10/2022 at 14:27, Stevie H said:

It's an example of Spielberg doing really good films in his sleep. WotW is miles better than most Sci fi films. Spielberg knocks out things like Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, Bridge of Spies and makes really good, watchable movies, which in the hands of lesser directors might just be a bit crap. 

I still love that he made Jurassic Park and Schindler's List in the same year. Bit of a gear shift there Steven. 

Imagine if he hadn't had time and just went with Nazis vs Dinos. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

Has anyone seen The Stranger (2022) -  "Mark, an undercover cop, forms an intense, intimate relationship with Henry, a murder suspect, in an attempt to earn his trust and get a confession, risking both of their lives in the process".

It gets 67% on IMDB but 93% on Rotten Tomatoes

I've got it here to watch - going for Vesper tonight though - so probably next week

Black Adam.......the best DC movie 

Spoiler

So Dwayne has got his wish, Henry back as Superman, which has been announced as Man of Steel 2,  New WB directors just sticking with the current characters so hoping they can now piggy back onto the MCU. Still was the best DC movie so far, will they release Flash !!!

Vesper

Lithuanian sci-fi film that looks and sounds incredible - very imaginative - fairly low budget but they manage to create a gorgeous and believable world. But the film is a bit meh - it is incredibly ambitious in what it is trying to do but it doesn't quite pull it off. Which is a real shame

Edited by pipnasty

The Forgiven ( Ralph Fiennes, Jessica Chastain, Matt Smith )

" While driving to a party at a grand villa, a wealthy couple on the verge of divorce accidentally hit and kill a young Moroccan man who was selling fossils on the roadside "

Or,

Entitled Western c**** kill local Muslim boy en route to hedonistic desert party 

Could have been so much better but it's reasonable.