By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

God I wish we hadn't sold Didi

Bootle Buck

I really wish we had worked harder on keeping Didi for another couple of years. He was such a valuable part of many of our great victories and we certainly miss him. Last night would have been an ideal game for him. The shame is he hasn't hardly played for City is he injured?

Maybe we can re-sign him.

I really wish we had worked harder on keeping Didi for another couple of years. He was such a valuable part of many of our great victories and we certainly miss him. Last night would have been an ideal game for him. The shame is he hasn't hardly played for City is he injured?

I just wish he hadn't gotten old.

:yawn:

Guest Greasy Belcher

We missed momo bigtime last night. Had Sissoko been on the pitch we would have won, even with Jerzy "stigmata" Dudek in goal

to be fair kahn, they're hardly ever in a commanding enough position that they need someone to protect the score or calm things down

if memory serves, he started a hell of a lot of games for us - he wasn't just used to protect a scoreline. He was used to protect the back four, break up attacks, control the pace of the game - all things City need. Which brings me back to my original question

And while i'm here, I'll reiterate the point Anny Road brings up every time. We didn't get rid. He asked to leave. He was told he would be down the pecking order, and chose to get more games elsewhere

if memory serves, he started a hell of a lot of games for us - he wasn't just used to protect a scoreline. He was used to protect the back four, break up attacks, control the pace of the game - all things City need. Which brings me back to my original question

And while i'm here, I'll reiterate the point Anny Road brings up every time. We didn't get rid. He asked to leave. He was told he would be down the pecking order, and chose to get more games elsewhere

I think he would have been happy to stay here if he could have been part of the squad rotation. I think with the quality Momo showed and having Zenden around we may not have felt as compelled to keep him. However, if you look back over his career he was instrumental in many of our successes and still had a lot to offer. I will judge him by what he did in a Liverpool shirt and not what he has done for City. He would be invaluable to play in games like last night or to bring him on to defend a lead.

Edited by Bootle Buck

I think he would have been happy to stay here if he could have been part of the squad rotation.

The evidence says otherwise

However, if you look back over his career he was instrumental in many of our successes.

I couldn't agree more

He would be invaluable to play in games like last night or to bring him on to defend a lead.

Possibly, but he left before we knew we would have a game like last night. In fact, no one knew we were going to have a game like last night until about 30 minutes in

Guest Anders Honoré
our problem isn't protecting leads, it's overturning deficits.

The problem therein doesn't lie in our ability to overturn deficits, but that we go behind in the first place.