• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Spike

Spike

Jive Bunny

• Sponsor
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:56 pm

It's being widely talked about on RAWK and people are registering their distaste that Mckenzie is hosting a programme on world cup scandals.

This is my email to the BBC:

done, i've had half but here it is:

Dear BBC,

How laughable it is that you choose to commission Kelvin McKenzie to comment on footballing scandals.

Not only is this a waste of license payers money but even moreso considering his own campaign when at Talk sport to prevent the BBC's rights to coverage of events, and his consistent soapboxing that the license fee was a rip off. This was a constant editorial agenda during his tenure there.

The very fact that this man is willing to compromise his own views for a few quid is evidence of his moral fibre.

The very fact that you are willing to bring such a person on board is evidence that he was ironically correct.

Another irony is that by employing this man you are laughably reneging on Lord Reith's long standing mandate that the BBC is there to inform, educate and entertain.

In fact through hiring this man you are urnitating on the very grave of the BBC's moral existence, a similar act which Mr McKenzie himself once wrongly accused football fans of.

Just what is the meaning behind your choice of presenter and subject matter in fact?

Talking about exposing Wayne Rooney's brothel scandal, then in the next news break reporting on how we need him for the world cup?

Hypocrisy on a sickening level. It's not balanced reporting. What exactly is the editorial value of this programme?

It's sad that the company with which we are all stakeholders should compromise itself so much on a tentatively scandalous because it's also so short of ideas and creativity to produce original and quality programming.

Strangely enough, your choice of subject matter and presenter in this instance is the best comic tragedy the BBC have produced for a long time. Although sadly this seems to have happened more within the production unit than in the actual show itself.

Chris Cook

if you want to do similar or find out more visit http://www.redandwhi...?topic=126372.0

and once you are in receipt of the facts about the show email via http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

#2 Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

I'm a little tea pot

• Moderators
  • 56,245 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:24 am

To see the content of this post you must Register or Sign in to your account.

#3 Guest_RSM_*

Guest_RSM_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:24 pm

#4 Cobs

Cobs

I blame Thatcher

• Sponsor
  • 61,417 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:28 pm

#5 Kvarme Ate My Food

Kvarme Ate My Food

Keeping Aunt Bessie in business

• Sponsor
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:22 pm

#6 Knox_Harrington

Knox_Harrington

Big Ron

• Sponsor
  • 20,375 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:41 pm

#7 floyd

floyd
  • Members
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:48 pm

#8 Spike

Spike

Jive Bunny

• Sponsor
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:14 pm

#9 fyds

fyds

Indian Giver

• Sponsor
  • 25,443 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:15 am

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users