By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Taking my son to Anfield

Duncan Disorderly

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just can't fathom the ticket forum.

I really want to take my son to a match this season and wanted to know the least expensive way I could do this?

Any tips or ideas or directions would be very much appreciated.

Dad and lad tickets in the upper anny road but good luck getting them as I have always ended up paying for 2 adult seats whenever I've managed to get any tickets.

I really want to take my son to a match this season and wanted to know the least expensive way I could do this?

BOIL an egg to perfection without costly egg timers by popping it into boiling water and driving away from your home at exactly 60mph. After three miles, phone your son to take the egg out the pan.

Have a look at my post re Burnley game in Ticket Forum. Two return flights were £100 and involves an overnight. Also means taking two days off work. I've done boats & flights and the flights are the much better (and sober) option. No shortage of places to stay. Gateway Lodge at airport only around £50 a night. Hampton by Hilton at Airport about £85 a night - other cheaper and more expensive options. We will stay at the Hampton as we are on an early flight next morning and we can dander to the airport.

Good links into town via express bus/taxi. We went one time and and arrived at 6pm for a midweek game and the queue for taxis was mental so factor that in.

As you will see I opted for the highly attractive home to Burnley midweek fixture :lol: to hopefully ensure we get our hands on two tickets. I've been very - no, eternally grateful to several members on here JamesT/Mr Clown & MarkD come immediately to mind for help in getting tickets. Thanks again gents!

At Bootser Jnr's first game I'd sent a letter to George Sephton asking him to give him a mention at half time. Fair play to George he welcomed Paul Connolly from Belfast on his first trip to Anfield. Made up we were. Sadly when it was time for Bootser Jnr III's baptism George replied to me to say that they had been instructed not to do any more of those announcements :angry: Family club??

Anyways, good luck with your trip!

As you will see I opted for the highly attractive home to Burnley midweek fixture :lol:/>/> to hopefully ensure we get our hands on two tickets. I've been very - no, eternally grateful to several members on here JamesT/Mr Clown & MarkD come immediately to mind for help in getting tickets. Thanks again gents!

It was a pleasure but in all honesty it had very little to do with me - it was the sheer coincidence of my local computer shop fella not using all of his season ticket allocation that day.

Edited by charlie clown