By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Our Defence

Ombudsam

You'd think the acquisitions of Moreno and Lovren would bring some stability to the back 4, has it f***, we've actually got worse defensively and its Rodgers who has take responsibility for it. Its been the one feature of his team that he cannot seem to remedy and its worrying.

Edited by Jim D

It's getting worse by the game. With the money we've spent on defenders under Rodgers, that's a major concern.

The Lovren/Skrtel partnership is getting worse with every minute they play together.

Watching Bobby f***ing Zamora completely destroy your £20m defensive 'leader' is a bit depressing (though Lovren did look better in the second half, to be fair to him).

Edited by Eiler99

I'm beginning to think he can't. His record with us is slightly worse than it was at Swansea. He doesn't appear to be learning. I think it's going to come down to whether or not he gets some help in.

Hate to say it, but he is turning into Roy Evans. During his reign we have looked superb going forward and could score goals for fun but you always know we are likely to concede due to s*** defending in open play or at a set piece. The game against QPR, the worst team in the league was a shambles and we got out of jail big time.

Edited by Jim D

I think the midfield is partly to blame for our defence being so poor this season. We aren't great at keeping possession and aren't great at winning it back. Gerrards form has not been good and some of our midfielders are not defensively switched on.

Regarding the defence, I think the two new fullbacks are good, Skrtel has been poor and Johnson looks like he can't be arsed. Enrique looks very rusty still. I think we need the physical strength of Sakho in there as well.

It's getting worse by the game. With the money we've spent on defenders under Rodgers, that's a major concern.

The Lovren/Skrtel partnership is getting worse with every minute they play together.

Watching Bobby f***ing Zamora completely destroy your £20m defensive 'leader' is a bit depressing (though Lovren did look better in the second half, to be fair to him).

I think the poor individual performances of our defensive players has more to do with the system and how they are being coached rather than themselves being average. Johnson, Enrique, Skrtel, Lovren etc are capable players its just they are not being coached properly in how to defend as a unit. We can't rely on our attacking players just blowing away teams week in, week out, the defence on some days are gonna have to step up and win the games for us by nicking the 1-0s

I agree, it has to be worth a try but I don't think it'll work and I feel pessimistic for this regime.

If the defence doesn't get sorted then I don't think he'll be here in two years' time.

We need Sturridge to stay fit and one of the new young signings to turn into a world beater.

I agree, it has to be worth a try but I don't think it'll work and I feel pessimistic for this regime.

TBH there is little or no chance of it happening imo - especially a established coach, Rodgers wouldnt accept it imo.