By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Jack The Ripper

charlie clown

Fella on the telly just now reckons he has pinned down who it was. He's a Finnish professor at John Moores Uni and has done DNA analysis which appreantly matches to the descendant of one of the original suspects. A ppolish guy - Kozminksi or something like that. Case closed? I'm sure there'll still be years of speculation and outlandish theories to come though..

It's just as terrible a theory as all the others, I got dead excited about the James Maybrick one before that turned out to be a complete fraud. The most likely killer is just some random east ender who probably died or got put away for something else.

I am to Jack the Ripper as DH is to JFK.

we actually took a jack the ripper tour a few weeks ago and this prompted me yo read quite a lot about the subject

i like this suspect george cross (aka. lechmere):

http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/rip-charles-cross-was-jtr.html

there's also a tv documentary about this theory which shows some pretty compelling evidence about his routes to work and the murder sites

Always thought there's a film in it but then I think that about everything I read about Limehouse and the East End

It could be a tremendous film.

They would get cumberbatch to do it though and I'm not sure I could cope with all of the fawning and admiration he gets.

If I was writing a script for SHJ, I guess there's a decision about what he was doing. An elaborate prank or some misunderstood supernatural dark angel.

Just finished "from hell" , it's very graphic ,excuse the pun, and had an afterward explaining where he got his ideas etc from

Allan Moore really is a crazy dude, all of his books have a certain level of crazed sex about them

Good film too.

I thought the favorite for JTR was an American doctor from Buffalo. Is that theory out the window now?

Good film too.

I thought the favorite for JTR was an American doctor from Buffalo. Is that theory out the window now?

Francis Tumblety? He was gay, and usually gay serial killers kill gay men.

There is no 'favourite'.

It could be a tremendous film.

They would get cumberbatch to do it though and I'm not sure I could cope with all of the fawning and admiration he gets.

If I was writing a script for SHJ, I guess there's a decision about what he was doing. An elaborate prank or some misunderstood supernatural dark angel.

Oh yes you are right about cumber face he would be terribly knowing and fatally shiny. Needs a Montgomery Clift approach if it is going to be done properly. Him who played Darren in the Royle Family if he is still in the business. Or him off Brush Strokes whatever happened to him? He was never off the telly for ages.