By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Nathaniel Clyne

RafaShanks

Liverpool sign Nathaniel Clyne

Author: Chris Shaw

7507__1820__clyne1000_517X310.jpg

Liverpool FC are delighted to confirm that a deal has been completed to sign England international defender Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton.

The 24-year-old full-back has penned a long-term contract with the Reds to become the sixth new player at Anfield so far this summer.

Clyne made 94 Barclays Premier League appearances during the past three seasons, after switching to the south coast side in 2012.

He was a goalscorer for Southampton at Anfield on the opening weekend of the last campaign, blasting into the Kop end net in a 2-1 defeat.

His consistent form earned international recognition and Clyne made his England debut against Slovenia in November 2014. He has five caps in total.

After inking his Reds deal, he told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted and it's a dream move for me to come here and play for such a big club with all of its history. I can't wait to get started.

"As soon as Liverpool showed their interest in me, I was happy and just wanted the deal to go through.

"The gaffer has shown a lot of interest in me and this is a place where I can improve as a player, I think. It's definitely a good opportunity to come here and try to fulfil my potential.

"I've played at Anfield before and know what the atmosphere is all about. It's a great atmosphere and will make me rise to the challenge. I'm really looking forward to it and hopefully it can push me on to putting on good performances."

Clyne follows James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez and Roberto Firmino in agreeing transfers to Liverpool ahead of next season.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good player, been watching a few clips of him and he does seem to get caught out of position a bit but I think it might be due to how high Southampton hold their line. He has great recovery pace and gets forward really well. Not too dissimilar to Johnson when we signed him.

£10m to nail down any spot in our team is tremendous value and right back is one of those areas that if a player performs then he is rarely rotated.

Very happy with this one.

Yeah - we paid £17m for his nibs and Shaw went for £28m ish so....

@DeludedBrendan: @Tesco Got any deals on? I have a budget of £0 and preferably I'd like the product to be English and show great character.

@Tesco: @DeludedBrendan Hmm, I'm not sure mate. Would you like me to check our stores in Southampton? - Mike

@DeludedBrendan: .@Tesco Hi Mike, Ive just taken delivery of Nathaniel Clyne from your Southampton store. Thanks again for your assistance.

@Tesco: @DeludedBrendan Great news, Brendan. Please bear in mind our 28-day return policy, in case he does a 'Luke Shaw' over summer - Mike

All of that can absolutely f*** off, massive companies that secretly run the country setting up Online Banter departments. f*** off.

Or perhaps it's just a department with a little freedom to respond with humour, particularly to idiotic spam merchants, rather than meaningless corporate PR-speak. No, you're right - it must be a Tories/Bilderberg/Mancs/Icke conspiracy.

PCGM.